Vancouver Convention Centre
999 Canada Place, Vancouver BC, Canada
An icon on the downtown waterfront, the facility is comprised of two uniquely designed buildings: Vancouver Convention Centre East and West. Centrally located, surrounded by ocean and mountains, and perfectly balanced by a vibrant, urban downtown inhabited by world-class restaurants, hotels and shopping. The facility covers 1.2 million ft2 (111,500 m2) or four city blocks, with the West building built 60% on land and 40% over water. First ever repeat winner of the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC) award for ‘World’s Best Convention Centre’ (2002, 2008).
Voted ‘Best City in the Americas’ by Condé Nast Traveller magazine (2004, 2005, 2007, 2009). Comfortable climate with mild winters (average temperature of 41°F or 5°C) and warm summers (just over 68°F or 20°C). Award-winning Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the second largest international passenger gateway on the west coast of North America and is only thirty minutes away. More than 13,000 quality hotel rooms within walking distance including two connecting hotel properties.
Features & Details
Inspiration can come from almost anywhere. That’s why we’ve tried to instill as many inspiring experiences into our facility as we can. Not only will your meeting take place in one of the most unique settings in the world, but the building itself has been designed from top to bottom to open minds and feed imaginations.
- Canada’s largest convention centre waterfront ballroom at 53,000 ft2 (4,920 m2) with five-story high ceilings
and breathtaking mountain vistas.
- Outdoor terrace and plaza areas offering spectacular harbour and mountain views.
- Two acre (0.8 hectare) public plaza with waterfront walkway.
- 295 ft (90 m) long, glass-enclosed connector provides a covered walkway between East and West buildings.
- Close to 150,000 ft2 (14,000 m2) of magnificent pre-function space with natural light and breathtaking views.
A number of sustainable practices and environmentally-conscious design features make the Vancouver Convention Centre one of the greenest convention centres in the world.
- The West building has received LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum certification, making the Vancouver Convention Centre the first convention centre in the world to receive the highest LEED® rating.
- Commitment to advanced energy management with experience hosting ‘zero waste’ events.
- Extensive facility-wide recycling program recovers nearly half the total volume of waste generated.
- The West building features a unique marine habitat, a sophisticated drainage and water recovery system, and a seawater heating and cooling system.
- A six acre ‘living roof’, the largest green roof in Canada and the largest non-industrial living roof in North America, on the West building features more than 400,000 indigenous plants and four beehives.
A great event is all in the details. With years of convention experience, our highly trained team can help you plan and execute any sized event you can imagine.
- In-house client services team dedicated to providing the best possible service for a memorable and successful event.
- Industry-leading telecommunications and technology services with connection speeds of up to 1GB per second.
- Official suppliers conveniently on-site for audio-visual, rigging and lighting, customs and shipping, housekeeping and security services.
- We operate one of Canada’s largest capacity kitchen spaces with a unique ‘scratch’ kitchen philosophy of utilizing fresh, seasonal and local ingredients.
- Proud to exclusively feature British Columbia VQA quality wines and certified fairly-traded, organic coffee.